Well hey y’all!
My name is April Sunderland; I’m a native Georgian living in Roswell. It’s funny, I often feel like an odd-man-out being someone who was born and raised in Atlanta; most of the population these days consists of transplants. Many times I get incredulous reactions when I mention in conversation, other times I get the default “Why haven’t you moved at all?” statement.
You’re probably wondering “Okay…cool story. But really, why haven’t you?”
- Because I love everything about the South, and Atlanta is the mecca. I love everything considered stereo-typically “southern”, including the food, fashion (you would be blinded by all the neon Lilly Pulitzer in my closet…), architecture, the sports (although they don’t love me back), but most of all the people.
- Because the culture in the South is to value manners and kindness. I’m a stickler for respect, and am a huge believer in going out of your way to show kindness to others, even if it doesn’t really seem like they deserve it. It’s a win-win for them and you.
- Because my entire extended family, along with my husband’s entire extended family, all live here. So especially now having kids, we need to be as close to all the help.
“In a world where you can be anything, be kind.”Caroline Flack
All that being said, there are many more facets to my life that influence this blog. A few key deets:
- I’m a wife and a mom of two sweet little humans who definitely rock my world.
- I’m a sucker for anything French (I actually speak the language). I love the colors and soft design of traditional french decor.
- We are sports fanatics. I promise you, if you think I’m exaggerating, follow me on my personal social media pages – you will get it.
- I am a GT grad, so I’m very left-brained. I actually possess a Bachelors and a Masters Degree in Meteorology. [Side story – worked 50hrs/week at 3am in the morning doing this with no such thing as holidays, weekends, etc. Couldn’t sustain that lifestyle knowing my priority was family first, so I parlayed my data skills into a new career as a Solution Architect].
- I live for any excuse to get gussied up. When I was in college, I used to watch all the big makeup YouTubers religiously, and got pretty handy at doing it. These days however, having two small kids makes it next to impossible to find the time haha. So I take any chance I get.
Ultimately though y’all, I really love the concept of “home”. I’m super passionate about making your space feel like a perfect collection of “you”, and enjoying each little nook and cranny of it. Going beyond just functionality and really taking it to the level, where you wake up and go to bed dreaming of how much you love it.
“Your home should tell the story of who you are, and be a collection of what you love.”Nate Berkus